Bunnies and Awards
First things first– I have a slight edit to make to my previous post, but rather than simply edit, for fear of no one realizing that it has been edited, I thought I’d just announce the edit.
I would like to re-introduced our little boy bunny, Stache (not Stash as previously announced)…. Not sure why it took me so long to realize my mistake, I blame it on the bunny-love. I was too excited to introduce our bunnies to you and was clearly not thinking straight!
So – here he is, again…
And for those who are concerned about our bunnie’s safety, with regard to our two dogs…
No need to be worried – there is an abundance of bunny-love in our family at the moment, especially between bunnies and dogs!
On June 17th I was notified that I had been nominated for a blog award by a blogger that I did not even realize read my blogs! ImperfectibleMe nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger award! I do not know this blogger all that well, but we have some things in common – she took part in the photo challenge with me back in May and she also enjoys reading Game of Thrones. Also, she has a deep compassion for those around her…. and I look forward to continuing to read her blog and getting to know her a little better.
Then, today while reading one of my new favorite blogs – Outtakes on the Outskirts, I was surprised to see that Julie has nominated me for the One Lovely Blogger Award. Julie is a fun loving country girl, she is super friendly, enjoys crafting, has a wonderful Wednesday tradition, and I thoroughly enjoy reading her blog for crafty inspiration and a glimpse into country living.
Thank you SO SO much ladies – I am so very surprised and grateful for these awards!
I have been blogging since November 2006… with my blog posts dating back to my first week in the USA in May 2006….
I began blogging as a way to keep my family and friends updated on my adventures here in the USA while au pairing… when I got married and became a permanent resident, I lost my direction with regard to blogging. I tried to blog about kid crafts, cooking…. in the end, I’ve come to understand and accept that my blog is like a journal — it’s a way to document my life, a way to express my thoughts to the world, a way to meet new people and share ideas, and a way for my family and friends to share in my life from afar.
That being said – gaining followers has been unexpected…but I am so grateful for every single one of you, and I am so humbled by these little tokens of appreciation!
Each of these awards require the recipient to thank (and link back to) the blogger who nominated him/her, to share seven random facts about him/herself, and to nominate other bloggers for the awards. So, here it goes….
Seven Random Facts About Me:
- My left calf is thinner than my right calf… I was born with club feet and had to have surgery as an infant
- I am a firm believer in being on time, and feel that being late results in wasting other people’s time, and that is just rude. Therefore, I always end up arriving early to appointments/meetings….
- I over-use ellipses … (although, if you’re a reader, you’ve probably already realized this…)
- I like ketchup on my hotdogs and enjoy pastrami sandwiches without mustard… hubby tells me that this makes me a rebel
- I finished high school at 17 years old, left home at 20, was married at 21, and became a homeowner at 23 years old
- I have a natural one inch thick blonde highlight in my brown hair, I also have a streak of blonde eyelashes — both streaks are on my left side (left side of my head and my left eye)
- I don’t think of myself as adventurous, but enjoy pushing myself out of my comfort zone (I am a certified scuba diver, have been on a crazy roller coaster, have been on a canopy zip lining tour, almost had a melt-down on a ride at Disney, and left my world behind to live in a foreign country, with a strange family for a year).
My nominations for the Beautiful Blogger Award:
- I nominate Deborah over at The Monster in Your Closet – Every time I find a moment to browse through all the blogs I enjoy, and I come to this one, I realize that I do not read this blog nearly as often as I should. Deborah is an exceptional writer and she’s super adventurous – she’s travelled all over, she’s shaved her head to support cancer, she’s a law school graduate, she’s written books, been an extra on TV.
- I also nominate Noelle over at Because Nice Matters – Noelle is an amazing mother to an exceptionally special little girl – she is brave, and strong, and she’s an amazing, beautiful blogger. Her words are beautiful and honest and they touch my heart whenever I am able to “stop by” and read them.
My nominations for the One Lovely Blog Award:
- I nominate Kristen over at Kristen Duke Photography - I love seeing her photography work and reading all the tips and ideas she shares on her blog! She comes across as such a bubbly, joyful person, and I can tell that she must be a lot of fun to be around!! I know it’s always fun to spend time on her blog!
- I’d also like to nominate Kait over at Pictures and Print – I love the way her blog is designed, and the content isn’t too shabby either! Her photography is amazing… and her posts are honest and thought-provoking. I just love Kait’s openness and courage. She blogs fearlessly and puts herself out there in such an honest and raw way, that you can’t help but want to be there to support her in all she does.