Prayer Card Shower Gift
So a while back I saw an amazing idea on a blog that I follow…. and decided that it would be perfect for a friend of mine
(I am not one to take credit for something I didn’t do…so please see the end of this post…where I give deserving credit to the bloggers responsible for this idea).
The idea: a collection of prayer cards, based on scripture, for a soon-to-be mom & dad.
So – if you wanted to make some for yourself, or for a friend….
Here’s what you’ll need:
- lots of scrapbook paper
- binder ring (I used a 2 inch ring – originally bought 3 inch rings from Amazon, but they were too big!)
- self-laminating sheets, or laminator & laminating pouches
- glue / scrapbook tape
- the verses and prayer cues (Lisa -the awesome blogger I got the idea from (see end of post)- was kind enough to email me the prayers & verses to print out – which was a great help!)
- hole punch
- I printed out the verses and prayer cues and cut them out
- Then I cut scrapbook paper into 3in x 5in rectangles
- I glued two scrapbook rectangles together to make each card
- Then I glued each verse and corresponding prayer cue to the front & back of each scrapbook card
- Then I laminated and punched each card, placing each one on the binder ring as I went