Farewell 2012….Last call
Once again we’ve been blessed with a Christmas abroad, and even better — with family (my family at least). Wait…there’s more…. Christmas with my 10-month old nephew, whom I have never met. Needless to say, I am SUPER excited!!
With this trip, not only will I see my brother and sister-in-law (I haven’t seen them since they came to visit in 2010), see my mom, explore the UK, and meet my nephew — I will say farewell to 2012.
This year has really just flown by — I cannot believe our trip to S.A. was a year ago already! So…. I think it’s only natural to reflect on the past year and what it has brought….
- My nephew was born
- I graduated with my Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Elementary Education, with honors mind you! 😛
- I passed all my exams
- I successfully completed student teaching
- I made new friends, both young and old **shout out to Mrs. C’s 4th grade class and the students & staff at the school**
- After a year of “relaxing” and not making a concerted effort trying to get pregnant….. we are still not expecting….take that all those who say “oh, now you’ll get pregnant” when a couple says they are taking a break from trying or are no longer trying. [In case you were wondering, that makes 4 years of TTC…but hey, who’s counting?]
- One of my favorite bloggers welcomed her daughter home!! 😀
- I lost
a littlea lot of faith in mankind…. so many innocent lives lost this year….. heartbreaking.
- To make up for our lack of offspring…we added 2 furry additions to our family!
- I said goodbye to nannying…. [miss those two munchkins!]
- We celebrated 5 years of marriage…. so blessed to have found and married my soul mate – seriously.
My hopes and dreams for 2013 —
- Get a job! Top priority!
- Become certified….. *darn you red tape!!
- Continue to grow closer to my husband
- Make more time for volunteering and doing the things I love
- Either get a bun in this oven, or take the oven in for a tune up!
I think that’s about it…. I hope 2012 brought you happiness, growth, and love…and may 2013 bring you even more than you dream!!